Underwater World

“I’m getting late for school……………again” I said as I rushed to get my socks and put on mu jumper, put some books in my bag and get my swimming costume. “I’m impressed” I said to myself. I did this in under 3 minutes cool. Its not easy waking up for school EARLY in the morning especially when your not morning person and if you love your bed so much! I only did this school going stuff was because my parents made me go all I really wanted to do was swim all day. My name is Ann Roy and Im an ordinary 15 year old with a passion for swimming. There is this really cool swimming competition coming up called THE UNDERWATER SWIMMING COMPETITION and I have spent so many days and weeks or actually months practicing for this competition I need to win it. I rushed to the door with a half turkey sandwich from last night’s left overs stuffed in my mouth, in the car I jumped along with my dad and little annoying sister. “Dad when is the swimming competition again?” I asked. “HONEEY its in 2 days!” dad said with an annoyed face maybe because this was the 10th time I asked this question in the car. School was normal and usual you know nothing new just Boring like always. Last week I took this book from a friend without telling her but today after school I said sorry to the back of her head and stuffed it in her bag without her knowing. I was in the car and going for after school swimming practice. I practiced again really hard and I bet my last record “YEAYY” I shouted with happiness. That night I couldn’t go to sleep because tomorrow the competition was only going to be 1 day away! “Ann go to sleep I know your tweeting all about how your excited about the competition and all okay!” said my mum. “How do you know mum?” I asked. “umm because my mother senses are too strong yet cool, goodnight honey” my mum replied as she turned the light off and shut the door as she left. You couldn’t even tell and yet another day passed! “OMG OMG OMG THE COMPETITION IS TOMORROW ITS TOMORROW ITS TOMORROW!” I screamed jumping up and down on my bed I was so excited just a few more hours and its on. “we are nearly there” my dad said as we entered the place where the competition was held. My family sat on the seats that were given to them and I was way down infront of a giant swimming pool getting ready to SWIM! AS the host was saying on your marks……….I felt a bit weird when I was just putting my feet in the water and as he said GET SET GO! I splashed in and there I was I couldn’t believe it I was there underwater in a WHOLE DIFFERENT WORLD! Can you believe it there was fishes and whales and dolphins and seaweed and everything and shops with stuff in it and FISHES smiling and talking to each other. Suddenly a fish came to me and I actually said HI to it. I could speak underwater UNBELIEVABLE. “OH my princess you are here finally here we have been waiting for princess we have been waiting for ages after 15 years you come we are all overjoyed. We needed a princess everything is not so good in this land like how on earth you need a president or prime minister we need a princess and you’re here I’m really sorry for not introducing my self my name is Fissguard and I am your personal fish” said a Fissguard. “okay wait what? Are you on about?” I asked with the world confusion. “I knew you were going to ask this see um you are the chosen one okay you see we needed a princess in the land of Ocenseara and you are the one we picked we need a noble princess and for some reason everyone picked you and so when you turned 15 you could be our princess” Fissguard explained. “well guess what I’m not ready to be a princess and I’m no noble and wise old girl I’m suppose to be an ordinary 15 year old please just tell me how to go back!” I exclaimed. “ well in order to do that wait let me get the “IN ORDER TO THAT BOOK” wait sorry… okay so in order to do that you MUST find us another princess and you to get out of here you need to go to the evil wizard and do what he demands because he is actually the one who wrote this book but when he was good now he is bad!” replied Fissguard . I said okay and off we went to look for a princess first of all I asked Fissguard to take me to the most noble fish in the whole land of Ocenseara and we asked her to be princess. That was a piece of cake and Fissguard felt really dumb in not doing that 15 years before. I then went to a dark old cave where I saw an old ugly mam. “I need to get out of here what do I have to do?” I aksed him. “get the most prettiest jewel in the whole sea” he replied. He told me it was in a pink cave in the North and I went their I Got the jewel but it was really hard because a giant rock almost fell on me. I gave it to him but started worrying about what I was going to reply to the people. Fissguard gave me a cheeky wink and I was out and the host was saying On your marks……. Back in time smart idea I thought. And by the way I won the competition!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!