Racism

Once upon a time there were three apples. One was red, one was green and the other was green with red spots. The young gentlemen went to get an apple, he picked the red apple. A client then asked why he picked that certain apple; he said “the others have bad skin”
Racism is a massive problem into today’s world. Racism is discrimination directed against someone. This is a problem in today’s world because it all links back to “Bullying”. Racism includes, teasing of skin colour, race or sex. In the example above it explains how someone picked something as little as an apple because of its skin colour.
Bullying someone can completely destroy that one person in many forms.
There was a young girl by the name of Bella; she came from a small place in Africa. When she turned fourteen her family moved to Australia. Bella didn’t have white skin; her skin was a very dark black. After four months of living in Australia Bella got an education and had a home, but there was one major problem affecting her life!
Bella was being bullied by three quarters of the school. She was bullied because of her skin colour (black) Bella was nice young girl and meant no harm. One year later after all the pain, young Bella committed suicide. . And her family was left in shock.
Even such a little thing such as skin colour destroyed Bella.
Racism should be stopped; no one should have the fear of going to school because of their skin colour. Stop bullying, it is a horrific problem. God gave us our very own skin colour for a reason!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!