Racial And Bullying !

Once upon a time their lived a young boy called Youssef Saab. Youssef was born in Lebanon and twelve years old today he was starting his first day at Richmond High School. Youssef spoke Arabic, no English. He was very nervous of starting his first day at high school. Youssef was tall, tanned had gorges blue eyes and dark hair. The problem was he has a different religion to most people, he’s Muslin.
Youssef walked into the gates and got greeted by the principle. Youssef didn’t know what to say, obviously because he doesn’t speak English. He just stood there and smiled, his parents explained that Youssef doesn’t speak English; luckily another student could speak Arabic. Her name was Najwa Beydoun. She walked him into class; they were also in the same class. Najwa is a short, tanned, pretty girl with long beautiful eyelashes, she has lots of friends. There first subject was religion, Youssef felt uncomfortable. Youssef told the class that Youssef was Muslin, the whole class laughed! Youssef felt embarrassed “go back to your own country you Arab “, “don’t bomb us please!”. He couldn’t believe what people were saying, everyone was laughing and pointing to him. Najwa tried her hardest to make the class stop but they just wouldn’t!
Every single class, all day every day, Youssef was being made fun of, disrespected, laughed at and discriminated, just because he was different. Najwa had no idea what to do she complained to teachers and talked to students. Nothing helped, Youssef tried his hardest not to let his parents find out but one night they did, they heard Youssef poring his eyes out crying , every day after school Youssef could only think of how much worse life could get , he cried himself to sleep and dreading his day at school .
Youssef’s parents complained to the school over and over again, still no punishments were made or having the bullying stop. Youssef hated his life, so he came to the decision to commit suicide, he did. This turned Youssef’s family’s life upside down there family fell apart and lost an amazing asset to the Saab family. Najwa also lost one of her best friends.
Najwa found it amazing how people cared that he committed suicide, when they are the reason he did.

Bullying and Racism is the killer of so many teenagers and people all around the world. It needs to stop before more people take their life because of the others.

Written by: Najwa Beydoun

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!