Racism And Bullying Between Two Close Countries

The air was breezy and dusty in the small Mexican town. Everyone was proceeding with their daily routines; shopping, socializing, exercising; running. On the other side of the long-stretched wall, celebrities were earning millions, business men and athletes were earning thousands. While on our side, people were barely earning $10 a week.
Young Pedro, and his family of two sisters and a father were travelling to America, being very lucky compared to the majority of any Mexican family. When arrived in the United States, they settled down in a very simple home. His father, being Mexican could only acquire the job of being a simple janitor for a skyscraper in the local city. The reason his father could only grasp that job was because people didn’t trust him with an important job. Due to stereotyping. Mexican people are “Notorious for doing a poor job.” This is definitely a lie, like all stereotypes.
Meanwhile, Pedro, in school was being bullied by the infamous popular children of the school. No one would help him, for the fear of being bullied themselves, though the fact that people would have helped him was good enough for Pedro at the moment. Pedro wouldn't report this continuous bullying for the fear of the acts becoming worse. His two sisters weren't doing any better either, shunned by the other girls of their year, gossip and rumours spread between all girls, like a virus in a crowd of people. The sisters tried to report the harassment to the teacher, but he simply advised them to ignore the other girls, and almost impossible act.
All members of the shunned family were distraught and angry. Overcome by anger of the news about his children being harassed, the father reports the unlawful acts to the Police Department. The families of the bullies fined an incredibly large amount, and Pedro and his two sisters begin to make friends now that they both are stricken of their bullying. They’re father also earned a well needed promotion.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!