Unconscious

Unconscious

The mansion felt awkwardly uncomfortable, but all I wanted was rest and food. I slowly made my way to the antique wooden door and knocked nervously. No one answered for a while but I waited patiently, practising my manners until the door opened. It was a tall elegantly dressed man who answered the door, looking at me suspiciously. “Who are you?” the man finally and kindly asked. It took me a while to reply him.
“Chloe Brindly,” I replied with a soft whisper.
“Would you like to stay here for a few days?” the man asked, showing me the house. It was like he read my mind, so I nodded. The delicious scent of the roast chicken attracted me, but I kept obedient and followed the caring stranger upstairs. He gave me a guest room and closed the door. I had never been in a room that beautiful. There was a queen sized bed with rose blankets and fluffed pillows. There was a dressing room where I placed my spare ripped clothes and an amazing sight of the garden outside the large window. I finally left my temporary room and ate my meal for the night.
I wearily went back to my room, snuggled into the soft bed and almost fell immediately into a deep sleep. I was suddenly awoken by a whisper at midnight, so I cautiously slipped out of my room and listened to the conversation next door. After I heard the words ‘found a girl’ and ‘sell her’, I crept nervously back to my room. I couldn't believe what I had just heard, questions started appearing into my head ‘will I be sold?’, ‘who is he?’ and ‘where will I go?’ I could barely close my eyes that night, fearing that I would think too much. I paced around in circles wondering why he would do that but I couldn't think of an answer.
Although my legs ached I kept pacing around in circles to keep me away from thinking about my future. I then suddenly collapsed onto the floor and began to sob quietly. I didn't know what to do and I had nowhere else to go.
The smell of bacon and fresh eggs woke me up, even though I feared going downstairs, I did, packed.
“Morning Chloe,” he exclaimed, “would you like breakfast?”
“Thank you for taking care of me, but I think it’s time for me to leave,” I replied with fearful voice. I showed him my packed bag and headed for an escape.
“Wait, why don’t you stay longer?” he stammered.
I bowed at him and made my way to the door.
“I could give you a ride”, he offered, but I ignored him. “Stay here!’ he ordered angrily, he headed towards me with his red clutched fists. He was prepared, the door was locked. The chance of escaping was difficult, so I closed my sobbing eyes and waited until he made his move.
I saw and felt nothing, I was unconscious.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!