Get Me

GET ME
Breathing that’s good right? In, out, in, out. My knees buckle beneath me, grime and muck enter my mouth, but I’m up again, I’m not dying today. “Bam, Bam” a tree explodes to my left shattering into millions of pieces. I take that as a hint to go right. The rounds are coming faster, the bullets licking at my heels. I need to get as far away as possible. I can hear the mechanical roar of the guns all wound up just for me, I’m truly touched. I’m on the move, slowly increasing into a sprint, but something is wrong? Silence. No guns only the quiet breeze whispering into my ears. This is strange...They sent the mutts! Now I’m in a dead straight sprint for my life. I’m tearing through the forest with bullets darting through the trees after me and the dogs gaining on me. Twigs are whipping at my face and legs brining on a waves of pain and blood.
Ok Jayla stay calm and run, your only been gunned down, chased by blood thirsty hounds and running for your life. People got it worse back home.
My Name is Jayla Jett I am 14 years old and from Germany. I’ve been on the run for 1 day and have been chased by the German authorities since. My parents died 2 days ago and the last words they muttered were RUN. The world has changed; I live in times were we are ruled by the BTGP Blood Thirsty Global Powers; well that’s what I call them. They bombed every continent. Nowhere is safe. Germany is the global headquarters and is especially dangerous. I left because the BTGP were gonna gas us all in a matter days, once they finished there DNA collection to make the oh mighty superhuman race which the infamous Hitler tried to create, will be created when we are all dead. Leaving was my only option and now I’m left with one option RUN.
Craaak... The hounds are close I can see them. 100 metres, 50,RUN JAYLA RUN! 25 about to be eaten alive now. Screw running lets fight. I brace myself and square my body ready for a blow from any direction; the mutts stop in mid stride and drop lifeless, a clean whole straight through their heads.
I’m being hunted down, actually watched and shot at, with no cards to throw I’m simply a child trying to find a way out of the mortal world I have been bound to. They always told me that once you were out of options you were a dead man. But now I stare into the face of death and still see my options arising in front of me and at this very moment of realisation that I have several options my will to live is stronger than ever, with every heart beat I feel more alive. With this realisation I scream a bloodthirsty scream at my killers
“COME AND GET ME!”


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!