Underwater

Kelly Liu, aged 12

500 word short story
Under Water

The last thing I remember was swimming on the beach, everyone was either swimming in the endless waters of the sea or building sand castles in the golden sand. When I was swimming something grabbed me, it felt slimy as if a snail tried to lick me. I tried to grasp onto the closest item near me, a floating stick but it was too late, the slimy thing got my leg and dragged me underwater.

I was knocked unconscious. I found myself in a cave. I wondered where I was for a few seconds until I realized that I wasn't breathing in air, I was breathing underwater! I tried to jump for air. I wandered around for a bit, not noticing what was behind me, a giant octopus that looked hungry! I had to stop to catch my breath but I couldn't because if I did I would be lunch for this octopus! I continued swimming away from the octopus but it didn't stop until I reached the random sunken city that is, the octopus swam away like a baby deer running away from a lion. I dunk down to the bottom of the sea hoping that this was all just a dream . I fell asleep; the sea bed was as soft as a feather.

I woke up to the ear piercing sound of dolphins, where am I? I thought I swam to the house that was shaped like a big ship . The ship was covered in barnacles and seaweed, you could smell the seaweed even underwater it reeked of octopus ink. I heard a sound it was the sound of people, really happy people, probably my imagination- but I was wrong it was the sound of... talking animals?

I was wrong, really wrong I was so confused to what I just heard. I continued swimming hoping that the talking animals wouldn't see me. I found a school of fish who didn't talk so I hid among them . Their scales were really shiny under the sunlight .... Wait sunlight? I can finally escape this fishy nightmare! I quickly escaped from the fish; they didn't let me it's like they could read my mind. I was getting impatient I was waiting, waiting, waiting until I finally had enough I quickly swam under them but it wasn't enough, they just made another barrier . Then I saw a unicorn, I couldn't believe my eyes! Its mane was pure white and its horn was a sparkly blue I almost fainted when I saw it. The unicorn came to my aid and ate the fish! Before I realized what was going on, the unicorn head butted me and I fell and I stopped breathing I felt like I was going to die.

Something shook me telling me to wake up. I could barely open my eyes, it was my friend she said that I almost drowned and that I was unconscious for a while. Was it all just a dream or was I really there? ....

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!