Georgia's Dog

“We are getting a dog," Georgia said excitedly to her best friend Sophie. Georgia’s Dad,Alan, walked into her bedroom and said, “Come on let’s go we have to go to the pet shop, mummy and Jack are waiting in the car.”
It took a while to get to the pet shop but they got there just before it closed. Alan and Jack ran out of the car leaving the girl’s behind. When Alan and Jack got into the pet shop it was busy. Everyone was crowding around six baby Labradors. Soon all the baby Labradors were sold except for one little, lonely puppy. Jack and Alan picked up the last little puppy. He was so happy that he jumped up onto Alan’s shoulder and licked his face. Alan carefully carried the puppy to the shop keeper and bought it. He also bought a ball, a bone and a sleeping basket.
Alan and Jack walked out of the door with the little puppy running after them. When they got to the car Jack opened the car door. “We found our dog, we found our dog.” The excited little puppy jumped into the car and onto Georgia’s legs. Sophie and Georgia gently patted the young puppy dog and it fell asleep. While the puppy was asleep Georgia and Sophie decide to call her Daisy. Georgia’s mum and dad liked the name and agreed.
When they got home she woke up she lifted her little head to look out of the window. Georgia slowly opened the door and made sure that the little puppy would not go running out. Sophie carried Daisy up out of the car and every one stood at the door waiting for Annie to open the door. When Annie opened the door Daisy jumped out of Sophie’s hands and ran into the dining room. Everyone ran after her to see what Daisy was up to. Daisy had chewed a hole in mum’s favourite pillow. Jack heard some one knock on the door and he ran down stairs expecting his friend. But when he opened the door Georgia’s friend Lilly was there with her dog Emily.
Emily was really excited because she really liked Georgia. She ran in the house headed straight for the dinning room. When she got there she didn’t look happy. She didn’t like the look of Daisy because she had bits of cotton wool all over her face. Emily felt sad because she liked being the only dog. She ran into Daisy and Daisy went sliding into the couch then started to weep. Lilly came running into the dinning room and said to Emily, “Naughty dog." Emily looked sad and was feeling sorry. Sophie’s mum came into the room to pick Sophie up then Lilly and Georgia went to the back yard with the two dogs.
Lilly and Daisy ran happily down the stairs and into Georgia’s little forest. They ran around together, they rolled on the ground and chased each other all day. Daisy had a new friend.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!