A Journey Of A Thousand Miles Starts With 1 Step.

As I stare out to the ocean and down to the blank piece of paper in front of me, I wonder what will become of it.
I think of the endless possibilities that could be written, drawn and imagined on this single piece of paper.
I think of the bullies who tyrannize people every day just so they feel like they have come out on top.
People cry, hurt and all hope just dies.
I think of the victims of these bullies. The endless shame, hurt and tears.
I think of the homeless people who have no safe place to sleep and wonder around hungry, pleading and weeping every day.
I think about the popular kids at school who have friends but have no idea about what they are learning about it class.
I think of the smart kids who don’t want to come to school because they pay attention and are called nerds.
I think of the individuals who are stereotypically judged as goths, hippies or freaks.
But then I think of the hope that lives inside of them. Just a tiny spark waiting for its moment to catch fire and burn. To let off the fireworks that lay inside of them.
I think of the endless possibilities that they could become. They just need to realise that a journey of a thousand miles starts with 1 step.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!