Pain

My burning sweat and the beating sun made red stinging marks on my skin. Listening to the horrible screams hurt my blistering ears. I'm thinking in my head, "When will this end? Why me?" Then I stopped and thought for a moment, drowning in my own confusion.

All the horrible sounds echoed in the enclosed area where I sit. Bending my back I encounter the monster once again, but for the last time. Wondering how to solve the problem. How to slay the beast with no name that layed in front of me. It was the hardest problem to solve as it included the future, my fate and my trust. "Which strategy do I use?" The thought pounded through my head.

In a few minutes I just gave in. I couldn't take the pain anymore. "I give up! Just leave me alone! I'm sick and tired! What more do you want from me?" I said, shivering in fear and fright.

At that very moment I woke to find the glaring truth right in front of me. My cheeks burned red with embarrassment. It had been a cruel prank my brain had set up. I was there in the classroom. During a maths test! The beast was there.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!