Jake And Giant Trouble Written By Sam Burgess

Once upon a time in a land far from ours there lived an orphan named Jake. The young child had to steal food to live. One boiling day when the sun was hottest, Jake was going to the market when he heard a harsh voice say “I’ve caught the thief!” He was caught and taken to the king. Jake was questioned in court.
Jake grew up to be a handsome teenager, so handsome that the king made him his son. The king took Jake to the palace and it was bigger than he imagined! The marble entrance had mighty pillars holding up the cavernous roof. Jake caught a small peek of what was inside. A red carpet lined the hall and bright lanterns lit the room. A sweet air blew out the entry. Jake thought there must be a crowd of people here. And all of them as busy as badgers for five hundred years to make all this. “Well Jake,” said the king calmly. “Do you like it?” “I don’t like it. I love it!” replied Jake.
Over a few years and thousands of banquets, the king died and Jake was made king. His gold crown had a variety of gems encrusted on it and the troops armour was made of iron, not steel like it was in elder days when his father was king of the land. The reason for these changes was because the giants of the great clouds were their enemies not the Vikings of the long sea.
One night when the watches and the archers were weary, a great crash was heard. This was answered by ear piercing cries and horn calls. “The giants are attacking,” yelled the head knight. The warning sounds were sounded and Jake yelled “Fire!” The archer fired and the knights hacked at the giants’ toes with axes. The giants who escaped hurled burning trees over the strong, stone walls. But at the last moment the king’s spirit appeared with an army of his own and slayed the giants one by one. They won the battle and lived happily ever after.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!