Pain Becuase Of Friendship

I stare into the stars. For a second I forget everything. I forget my story, my pain…
It all started when I was in Prep. I made a best friend called Sasha, little did I know she would change my life forever.
The real story began in year three. Sasha and I were still best friends. I trusted her with all my secrets. We started to become friends with some other girls but I didn’t trust them, like a trusted Sasha.
In the first week of year four, I was away. I was on holidays. I returned to my worst fear, Sasha had spilled everything. I was so confused, why would she do that.
Year five wasn’t much better. Every lunch time I could be found hiding in the toilets.
Year six was where I made my biggest mistake. I decided not to wait for things to get better, I was going to fight back. I started with comebacks but they didn’t work so I was left with one option, violence. My body filled with anger as I launched off the ground. I landed on my target, Sasha, with a thud. I looked around to find my next victim but before I could lift a finger, the principal was behind me, telling me that I was suspended.
I’m currently meant to be in year seven but I never got there. My Mum dropped me off at the bus stop but as soon as her car was out of sight I ran. I didn’t know where to go but I knew that I had to get away.
I hear sirens and see flashing lights. Police! I suddenly remember that Sasha’s dad is a police officer. I can see his tall figure marching towards me. As he gets closer I turn sharply and run. I see a forest in the distance. I have to get there.
As I enter the forest I hear not twigs, but branches being snapped behind me. He’s coming. I turn to him and give him a brave look. I turn around to run and I step on what I think is a branch. But it lets out a hiss and jumps at me with its widely opened jaw. The snakes large teeth dig into my skin and everything goes black.
I awake to the sound of my name. I open my eyes to see my mother and someone standing next to her. Someone who looks nervous, but in their eyes, you can sense that they think that everything will be alright. Someone who I want to hug yet I want to hide from. Sasha.
She explains that she only told my secrets because the other girls forced her to and we become friends again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!