Eira's Quest

There once was a dragon named Eira from the snow clan tribe. There are five tribes of dragons in the second world. Fireclan who are fierce and brave, nightclan who stalk in the depth of the dark spirit clan who talk directly to our ancestors and forest clan who have scales that glitter and glow like the most beautiful trees. And last but certainly not least is the snow clan who's scales are white as snow and who are the only dragons that inhabit the mountain tops that are cold as ice. These dragons lived together in peace for many hundreds of years until people came. They forced us into a treaty with them that lets them have seven of our hatchlings each year. whith these they make a race of beings called "Elphin". They would use a machine that basically merges a dragon with a human so that the human has all the abilitys of a dragon. Using the Elphin they then enslaved the dragons of all five tribes to do there bidding. Since then they have been working on enslaving all of the creachers in this land and non have stood in there way for long. Each fallen race however has managed to smuggle a hatchling out of the reach of the people and are working on training them to be emune to the people's magic. The leader of the hatchlings is Eirma and is the only representative of the dragons that survived. His friends Hagan is representative of the dwarves Kai is representative of the elves Therif of the werewolves and Gael of the fairys. Together they are ment to save there land from the clutches of there enimys. They trained hard for many years and traveled over many kelometers. Eventually they reach the people's base they sneak in one night and destroy the machine. And rush defeat there enemy's. But they say that the five only slowed down the people and that the people are still out there now biding there time...
The young dragonetes squealed.
" stop!" choked out fife, the fire clan dragonet as she giggled and then hiccuped
Dilic snorted " every dragonetes knows that is just an old wives tail there's no such thing as people!"
Daylight ( the dragon that told the story )
" how do you know that's not what they want you to think?"
" come on Dilic!" squealed fife "lets play Eiras quest!"
Dilic sighed " I've had enough of that story!"
" but it's my favorite!" beamed fife tugging on dilics paw. She pulled as hard as she could and accidentally fell over backwards wings flailing. Day
Ight chuckled.
'when will they ever learn she thought to herself.'
She smiled as she oversaw fife and Dilic playing together reminding her of times long past when she was known by a different name and when four of her friends, a dwarf, an elf, a werewolf and a fairy had there own adventures. She stood up and stretched her old body. Unfurling her wings she armed her head up to the sky and let loose a roar that shook the trees and told anyone who could understand, of it es gone past. Then with great galloping steps she toulk to the sky's for one last ride in the wind before she past onto the voide. She flew a long way to the clearing of her chiledhood. There she sat down and looked around. Memories flashing past her eyes. She lay her head down and closed her eyes for the last time.
The dragon, daylight or Eira was able to rest at last.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!