George Finds Friends

George the gorilla was sad because he had no friends. Everyday George swang from tree to tree alone from dawn to dusk (while eating bananas of course). The next day George was determined to find friends.

George went to the house of Slitherina the snake. “Do you want to be friends?” George asked. “I’m sorry George” said Slitherina. “The thing is when you walk you might tread on me.” “Oh that’s alright I guess I can be a klutz sometimes” George said. He sadly trudged away.

Then George met Enormousine the Elephant. He was with his mum having a shower at the waterhole. “Do you want to be my friend Enormousine?” asked George. “I’m sorry George”. “Well it’s only because if you talk to me you will have to look up all the time that might strain your neck. I just don’t want that kind of pressure” “Oh... Ok thanks for thinking about me”.
Next George passed by the house of Lazee the Lion. Lazee was sleeping. “Wake up Lazee! Do you want to be my friend?” “Not if you’ll always wake me up every time I try to go to sleep”. “Now scram!!”George ran away into the jungle. He knew all too well that Lazee is a bad animal never to upset.

“That’s enough friend hunting for one day” said George as he moped away. George decided to give up. George returned to his band of Gorillas. But then Greedinomo another Gorilla approached George “Can you be my friend”? asks Greedinomo. George’s face light up like LED Lights. “I would love to be your friend Greedinomo”. The two best friends walked away into the happy jungle full of laughter and joy.

George was never lonely again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!