Pain

The moon dimly glowed, the street light flickered and my nightmare began to come true.

I'd just witnessed my family's murder and was now running down a deserted street in the dark, wearing just an old t-shirt and my undies. I was determined to end the bloody man's life. I raced after the dark shadow, keeping my eye on him as he swept across the pavements, dodging the dim street lights.

The anger and pain grew inside of my tired body and I felt my heart burn.
"I'll get you, you bloody idiot! I'll make you suffer the pain my family did!" I screamed at the top of my lungs and my voice began to sound croaky and throat was sore.

I followed him into the Westfield shopping center a block away from home. The gun that killed my family in my hand. I walked through the doors, holding the gun up. Ready. There was no one to be seen.
"Come out you coward!" I yelled and my voice echoed through the shopping center. "come out and face me!"
I had a cold chill within me and the hairs on the back of my neck stood up.

I heard a shot go off but still I couldn't see anyone. I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder and looked down to see that I was shot.

"It gave me pleasure, a high", a voice came from my left as the shadow emerged.
"Killing your parents gave me a high".

An ordinary looking man appeared. Average height, early thirties and shaggy brown hair. But that sly smile on his face. I'll never forget it. It's as if he was proud of what he did.

I just stood there, blood dripping and looked deep into his sharp green eyes.
"I'll make you fall down in tears and pain", I wanted to end his life.
"No one causes me to fall down sweetie", He said with a soft voice.
"That's about to change. And I'm not your sweetie".
I shot him straight in the stomach and watched the blood poor out. He was still smiling as he lay on the floor, letting out a small laugh.

I pointed the gun straight at his head and gritted my teeth.
"Sweetie, you don't have the guts".

I stared for a few seconds. My finger pulled the trigger and a bullet went into his head.
"I've got more guts than you".

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!