Dad's Sacrifice

Today's Christmas. Sophie, Mark and Ella, would all run in jumping on the bed screaming "It's Christmas, Wake Up!". They would open up their stockings and their smiles would reach their eyes. Emily and I would have a cup of coffee before retreating into the front room and see them all sitting there examining their presents. Wrapping paper would go everywhere all watching what each other got and the occasional squeal. We would sit around the table for lunch and pop the crackers and tell each other the bad jokes before swallowing down each bite of food your stomach could occupy. I would watch them play with their presents lending a helping hand now and then. We would all have cold meat sandwiches for dinner if you could stomach anything more. I would kiss each of them goodnight and retire to bed for a long need but peace sleep. But unfortunately life isn't that kind, instead I am 10 000 miles away from my family, from love, from happiness. I know it's hard but if I wish for my children to have a good education and be successful, I have to work here. I couldn't live myself if I didn't at least give them that opportunity. It could be worse, it could be a lot worse, so this little sacrifice isn't so bad. It might be hard but worth it.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!