Jars

Imagine you’re in an empty room all by yourself alone and the only thing you can see are the gray walls surrounding you there are no doors no windows and yet you can still breathe. You feel nether hot nor cold but empty from the inside to the outside of yourself. your sole calls out to you but you hear nothing your heart is pounding with the sadness from within and your brain is tell you not to break down to keep fighting the pain that has started from within your broken sole. You look down and you find your shadow in the middle where your heart lays is a glass jar with no knowledge of what was in this jar for the jar was broken. You fall to your knees and start to cry you did not care if you were hurting your throat from the loud screams. The jar could not be fixed nor tap or glow would fix it the tears running down your face fell to the gray stone floor you did not feel like wiping your tears away but you let them fall only to you did this show how you truly felt right now. You try to fix the broken pieces of the glass jar but the glass was sharp and your hands start to bleed cuts of blood spill to the floor the broken glass was now covered in blood and tears. You shift yourself in to a corner and fight back the tears and for the first time you wished for a mirror and next to you it appears a silver mirror you look throw it and you see yourself your eyes are blood shot and your hair is becoming darker and your skin is pail. You pick the mirror off the floor and trow it at the opposite wall you start to cry again. You cover your face with your bloody hands and the taste of blood reaches your lips. It feels like forever you get to your feet the mirror you broke shows your reflection your pail face was now covered in dry blood from your cut hands now that you see this you wished for something to cover up your hand and just like the mirror a white bandage appears right next to you. With your hand covered and the pain half gone you stare at the broken remains of the jar. The feel’s you had of pain sadness and anger at yourself fills you up a search of light that didn't exist in the dark and you ask yourself what was in this jar for when the jar had broke the thing that was inside was no longer there had it vanished did it roll somewhere maybe in a corner but the room was empty and the only thing you can see are gray walls around you. The feeling of being so alone lost in the dark with no cry of help coming from your voice for there was no help to be given no one was here or there or anywhere it was just you and your broken jar and an end fixed the jar.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!