Candy Candy

Chapter 1

"YAH"!!! Emily shouted, celebrating beating her high score on the frustrating game called Flappy Bird. She was propped up against her wall playing her favorite games on her brand new iPhone.
Her old one got smashed by her annoying little brother who said 'it was just an accident'. She didn't believe him for one second, awful little Josh was always trying to brake her stuff to get back at her for mistaking his tiny baby lizard for a bug and stepping on it. But you can't blame her, small squirming things freak everybody out, and you don't think before you step.

All of a sudden the room started violently shaking and Emily lost her balance and fell on the soft carpet and her iPhone hit the ruff wooden edge of her dresser and glass shards flew everywhere but luckily none of them hit her. " Urg!! Why me she yelled. She started crawling to the wide open door as soon as she crossed the doorway she quickly got up and shut the door with a "BANG"!

Chapter 2

The room had stopped shaking and she relaxed but that didn't last for long, she was worried what happened to her room so Emily decided to take a look. She cautiously opened the door a tiny bit peeked inside and what she saw took her breath away! She immediately darted into what used to be her room but now is a town made of CANDY!!!

The clouds were soft mouthwatering CottenCandy, the road was cobbleskittles, and there was little gingerbread houses lined up along the road. The delicious little town was bustling with gummy bears of all different colors, sizes and attitudes.

Chapter 3

She ate licorice lampposts, gobbled down gummy bushes and feasted on m&m doorknobs in till her stomach refused to have more! Then she started interesting conversations with some gummy bears. One gummy bear in a pantsuit ignored her and kept walking. Immaturely Emily blew raspberry at him as he walked away. Another totally different conversation was with a gummy bear construction worker who said he would always sneak bites of the buildings as they were working. As she was listening to a toddler talking about some pretty weird stuff she heard her mom scream " EMILY, JOSH, DINNER"!!!

Chapter 4

Emily dashed out of her room, thumped down the stairs and hoped onto a hard scratchy wooden chair. As she stared down at the plate full of cheese filled pasta and all of the yummy candy came up and didn't taste so yummy anymore. " Honey" her mom chimed " how about you go snuggle up in bed and I'll bring ya some of my amazing home made soup", as she said that she gave Emily one of those motherly smiles that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Emily trudged up the flight of stairs and into her room. Then she realized IT WAS HER ROOM!!! Where was the candy town, the gummy bear people, the cobbleskittles road, the gummy bushes and everything else? She leaned against the wall again to see if that would make candy town come back, she kicked the wall, she told it to open but nothing worked. Eventually she gave up. Emily curled up in bed and started crying and crying and crying about not being able to go back to that majestic land. She sobbed so much her eyes looked like two waterfalls. The only reason her personal Niagara falls stopped is because she fell asleep.

" CRASH"!! Emily's eyes fluttered open as she fell of her skinny bed. As she pulled herself back in she remembered the tragedy of yesterday and started balling again, but then she stopped and walked up to her wall. "This has to work" she said to herself," this has to work". "Yah" Emily whispered. " RUMMMMBLE" "POP"!!! She opened her eyes and in front of her was the magnificent town made of candy!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!