War

War is countries seeking more power; it is bombings and death every hour.
From the holocaust, to the Taliban, war is the horrible product of man.
For the parents, the brothers, the sisters and friends, I am sorry war has made this young life end.
They did it for honour and to serve their land. But they were not prepared for horror on the hot Afghan sand.

From Hitler, the cruel leader of Nazi's, to Bin Laden, Napoleon and Gaddafi.
All hungry for power for fame for loss, but when war is all over, all for what cost.
With guns, with bullets, with bombs and knives, world peace the soldiers do strive.
But how can peace exist while so does war, if we want to be free, let us fight no more.

War is not the answer, so can we all just get along?
Can we stop the fighting so our children can love,
The world that we live in with out bombs dropping from above.

Because if we all do this the world will be,
Happy, beautiful and free.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!