Captain Cook Set Sails

Dear journal 29/7/1768
England and we left Madeira 48 hours ago. Two The last forty two days at sea have been a nightmare. The crew have sailed from of my mates have not had any luck at all. I’m not really enjoying it! Our punishments are horrible … there are cat o nine tails and walking the plank. Alexanders job is to tidy the ropes but he forgot and his leg got caught and got dragged into the deep sea with the anchor before him it was so heavy he couldn’t swim to the top and he died. That’s one of my mates that didn’t have any luck at all.



Dear journal
It’s a freezing Tuesday morning I’m Isaac smith and I’m about to get ready to set sail with captain cook and his nasty crew. We’re going to Tahiti.
I started the day with packing all the things that I needed in my suitcase. I packed all the clothes that I needed including the food that we could eat on the ship.
Finally, I said goodbye to my family and friends. It was hard to say bye for the last time in ages. Then I took my first step ever on the ship and waved until England vanished into a tiny spec I was so excited but sad at the same time!
TO BE CONTINUED
Ellie Hodge
4Lampard Rd Drouin 3818
Ehodge21@stpauls.vic.edu.au
Grade: 5A
St Pauls Anglican grammar school Warragul 3820

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!