Barbeque At The Beach

It was a beautiful sunny day. My family and friends decided that its a good day to spend at the beach and have a barbeque.

Five families got into their cars, followed my families car, because they didn't know the way to Geelong Beach.

It was fun and exciting all of the family and friends, spending time with each other.

From a two hour drive we finally arrived, it was so tiring I slept half of the way there.

"Oh my god, mum, there is a festa here at the beach. yay!" I was screaming the car down. I was so happy that I woke my sister up to get up and see for herself, that we are going to have a great day.

"Calm down girls!" my mum said as she was giggling. she knew how exciting and happy we were. "I'll only let you go on the rides after the barbeque" she said.

"We still haven't got a parking spot yet" she said. The beach was full of people because of the school holidays. I thought to myself, there is no way we will get onto those fun rides because of the waiting time.

Finally we got a parking spot, but we had to wait for the rest of the families to find theirs, so we can get a spot on the beach and put our things down. The kids will then swim while the parents prepare the barbeque. "yay! we can go swimming now" I said excitedly. Mum said "yeah go and I will come as soon as we set up, just don't go too far where I cant see you". so my sister and I went to swim in the closed off pool area at the beach. It was safe, and close to mum I thought.

"hey there is a policeman talking to mum". my sister said, so I told her "lets go see whats wrong". we ran back to where they were. Thank god nothing happened, because my parents were just being told that they couldn't light the coal barbeque due to the fire restrictions. So they decided to cook their meat on the electric barbeque, that way everyone is happy.

After we were playing in the water a dark cloud came through the area and it started to rain. "Oh no, Amani I don't think we will get to go on the rides", I said. It was raining so heavily that nearly everyone at the beach was leaving. My mum laughed and said, "Its only for a short while, lets stay and enjoy the rain", I was glad. That way we could play abit longer and we just got there, it was too soon to leave back home after a long drive to the beach.

The rain stopped, "Yay!" I screamed. "Mum, Mum, Mum please can we go on the rides now since not a lot of people are there now". "yes ok but not until to eat" she said. I couldn't wait.

Finally we ate, played and went on the fun rides. It was so scary, i didnt want to go on all the rides, I was too scared of heights, but my mum said I should try. I was waiting for a very long time to get on the fun rides since I got to geelong so might as well

After a great day, we ended up sleeping all the way back home I was so tired.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!