A Boy Who Loves Sports And Gaming

“Hi, my name is Coby Dunn, I am sixteen and I have long hair. All the way down to my spine because I never had a haircut, I am also living with my Uncle Sam. The reason why I’m living with my Uncle Sam is because my parents were in a horrific car accident. My mum died that day, I barely new her. But my dad didn’t and is in hospital. He’s been in the hospital for twelve years now. So I hope he will get out soon, I have heaps of friends, but I now have one friend that is like a brother to me and his name is Cameron Nelson”.

Coby loves to play sports with his best friend Cameron, their favorite sport is soccer and cricket. They always share the ball, and give every one a chance to have a turn and to make friends. Coby also likes to play computer games with Cameron, their favorite computer game is Minecraft pixelmon. They always verse each other or help each other, they are also in grade 10 at Sandy Shore Bay High. They live two streets away from the school so they can walk to school ever day. Coby is in the same class as Cameron, so they help each other out with some of the work their struggling on.

One day at school, Coby gets a call saying, “Coby Dunn, my name is Dylan Bester and I’m the manager of Gaming Industry in Sandy Bay. I can see that you love gaming on the electronics, we interviewed one of your friends and he explained. “How would you like to work here for a while?”. Coby went quiet for a few seconds and said “yes, I would be honored” then went home early to get prepared for the job. He got home and said “Uncle, Uncle guess what, guess what, I got a job at the Gaming Industries at Sandy Bay”. Uncle Sam said, “Well done Coby, I new you could do it. If you do your best, you can get what you want. What day are you going”? Coby froze and thought for a second and Said, “I don’t know, I think I will go tomorrow to see what it is like”.

The next day came and Coby got out of bed straight away, packed his bag and caught a bus all the way to sandy bay. Coby arrives at the gaming industry and finds no one here, he yells out but no one answers. He was a little scared that he was a little early, he enters the building hoping nothing scares him, SURPRISE. Coby got a shock that every one who works was all together to make a surprise for Coby. Every one told Coby what it was like here at the factory, Coby got a bit scared that it would be a bit to hard for him. He goes out into the factory and has a go to have a try for a design, he had already made a few and showed every one his design. Every body got a shock at Coby’s design, even the boss got a shock at how good it was. So Coby found out some times it gets hard to make designs, but fun and also it is hard to make an actual game. It took Coby twelve times to perfect his game and he never left that job.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!