Zombies

A very long time ago humans lived in the underground cities while zombies roamed the surface of Planet Earth. Our story begins under the surface where a boy lived by himself, he had no family and nobody to help him. He lived under a box in the street. That strange boy was named Oscar.
Oscar was unable to get any food so he had to steal food to stay alive. Oscar hadn’t eaten in a week and he was really skinny, skinnier than a baby. But he was a fast little boy he could run as fast as a race horse. Just today Oscar stole some bread and he looked like a noodle running as he ran off into the distance.
I guess you’re wondering what happened to Oscar’s mum and dad? Last year they were sadly, eaten by the zombies as they tried to protect little Oscar. He was only five and he was as scared as an ant when it is about to be squished. So it’s a bit sad ....
So let’s get back to the story.
One night Oscar was sleeping like a rock under his box by the dark road when suddenly an explosion happened. Rocks fell from the sky, the underground city was caving in as the rocks crashed down. Oscar woke up and all he could see from inside his box were buildings falling, people screaming and running.
Suddenly one big rock fell on Oscar’s leg crushing it. People were running past him as he screamed in pain and cried for help. No-one looked as though they could hear his screams. He was yelling in pain and terrified when he saw zombies eating people. Oscar didn’t want to be zombie lunch so he pushed the rock with all his strength, off his leg. Pulling his leg out from under the rock, Oscar realised his leg was crushed, blood was everywhere. Slowly he crawled along like a crab on the ground, blood was spurting everywhere. He saw bodies on the ground and people screaming, he tried to stand but his leg bone was crushed.
Oscar was crawling along through the smoke, cracked rocks on the road, dead bodies and buildings and homes smashed into bits. He screamed out for help. Two army men came over and helped him. They lifted him up and carried him over to where some families were waiting for a helicopter. Other families ran out of buildings about to crumble to the ground. The families were put in a helicopter and were happy to be getting out of the hell hole.
Just as they were about to fly off the zombies suddenly broke through the door. The helicopter needed time to take off so Oscar grabbed the army man’s gun, fell to the ground like a rug and started shooting the zombies.
As the helicopter lifted off the ground Oscar sacrificed himself for all the families. Oscar will be forever remembered as a hero.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!