Jacqueline's Strange E-mail

Jacqueline couldn’t believe her eyes! She was on her computer looking through her e-mails. There was a mysterious e-mail SMACK-BANG right in the middle of her inbox! She nervously opened the strange e-mail, it said:

Hi-ya earthling!
I am an alien from Mars! These are my sisters: Lolly and Lill. I am Bib. We are very excited to talk to you! You will be hearing from us later.
I am saying bye now

Signed: Bib,
Lolly
And Lill

Jacqueline guessed what was going on.

"Jacob! COME HERE!", yelled Jacqueline as loud as she could to her brother.

"Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?", moaned Jacob, "I dunno what is bothering you! You know it’s like the middle of the night right? I don’t think yelling would help someone sleep!".

"Did you do that?", asked Jacqueline jabbing her finger at the e-mail.

"No! Why would I write and e-mail to you? I don’t even have your account!", said Jacob sounding annoyed.

Jacqueline left the e-mail for a couple of days until she finally forgot about it. The next day, Jacqueline’s mother called her.

"Jackie daaaarling! There is a huuuuuge package for you Mr. Melloney the postman just gave meeeeee! Come downstairs!", sang her
mother.

Jacqueline went downstairs and saw it… A huge package about as big as a nicely sized fridge! The package had a postcard wrapped tightly around it said:

Hello Earthling! We are the aliens from Mars! Inside this box there is Lill's time machine! turn the dial to MARS and then you can come visit us
Bib

Jacqueline was quite scared now. She tried to get the machine working but it just broke.

"I guess Lill wasn’t a good repairer!", Jacqueline said to herself as she went back upstairs.

She went back on her computer and deleted the e-mail.

"I’m glad that’s over!", Jacqueline sighed to herself in relief.

Jacqueline may have thought it was over but once in a while she would get an e-mail or letter saying:
EARTHLING!!!!!!!!!!!!! TALK TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!! BIB

But Jacqueline would just smile to herself. It would be her own little secret...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!