El Dando And Equilibrium Tower

It was one night at the Shipsley bar that the place was unusually loud, as the current inhabitants were a group of bandits who were celebrating about a successful raid on a ship a few days ago. The dominated the bar, and were about to beat up an offending person, but suddenly, the door swung open. It was his trademark straw hat that made the people gasp.

The man had a swimmer's body, with a sword strapped to his hip. He wore a blood red scarf around his neck, covering his mouth. He had no shirt, but had dusty brown pants along with a medium brown belt. It was so beautiful, yet it spelt pain and death for the bandits.

They called him El Dando, or the Bloody Haberano. His reputation of slaughtering thousands of people in one hour alone made him the most feared bounty hunter alive.

El Dando slowly walked forward, wind swaying, almost surrounding him like some sort of god. The bandits tried running, but to no avail. El Dando slashed them down. He turned away, and disappeared into the night air.

Just as El Dando appeared back at his hideout, he heard a small whisper coming from all around him.

"Brace yourself for the force of nature that is the Gedo Mazo."

El Dando's eyes widened, could it be? "The Gedo Mazo was a legend! It couldn't possibly exist, could it?"

The Gedo Mazo was a mythical legend, tales telling of a huge statue which would awaken when the world would end. It would summon the Avenger, Tetchkos. The monster would rampage, ridding the world of the race it considered puny, humans.

Just then, El Dando knew he was to stop the beast.

4 months later...

El Dando stood in his one-man galleon, scouting in the distance, for any clue to stop the Gedo Mazo from awakening. Suddenly, El Dando heard a rumble. Under his ship was a massive shadow, rising fast. El Dando noticed just in time to jump off. The shadow rushed forward, metal hinges unlocked allowing the now classified metal worm to swallow the ship whole. El Dando barely managed to unsheath his sword and stab it onto the side of metal creature. The creature screamed out in pain, and EL Dando managed to run down the monster, dragging his sword down and sawing the monster in half. The monster stopped mid-scream, and fell towards the ocean, dying.

Suddenly, a tower appeared in the distance and El Dando was forced to use a spare mettal part which seperated from the worm as a boat.
After a few tense minutes of rowing, El Dando noticed a ball coming from the sky. He quickly realized that the top of the tower was spinning, and the meteor broke apart to reveal a monstrous deity, the worst of all, Tetchkos. El Dando was too late! He readied his sword for the fight. Yeah, he need all his strength for this.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!