Before I Go

“Yo, Alesa!” A voice shouted in my ear over the sounds of the lively party. “What?” I yelled back at Adam. His eyes were full of life, sparkling and twinkling with mischief. “Wanna go somewhere else?” He grinned.
I thought about it for a moment before nodding and smiling at him. “Follow me.” He grabbed my hand and pulled me forwards towards the front door. “Hey! Alesa! Adam! Where are you two going?” Jerome, a tall guy with short brown hair and kind dark eyes, yelled. “Somewhere!” Adam grinned. “Okay then, see you later!” Jerome said but Adam and I were already out the door.
Adam pulled me into a forest and I looked around at my surroundings. Trees surrounded us and birds flapped their wings, crying a song of sadness. I frowned.
“Adam? Where are we going?” I asked, looking uncertainly at him. “Somewhere.” He repeated, but there was sadness laced in his voice. I looked at him worryingly but said nothing.
Finally, we stopped. We were at a cliff. The moon shone bright and stars twinkled like Adam’s eyes. “This is… Beautiful!” I breathed in wonder. He chuckled sadly. “It is, isn’t it?” He looked at me.
I couldn’t take it anymore. “What’s wrong Adam?” I burst. “Today… Is my father’s birthday…” He looked down at the ground. “This is also the day he died…” I gasped. “Adam… I’m so sorry.” I wrapped my arms around him.
“It’s fine.” He grinned, sadly. “But, why did you bring me here?” I asked, tilting my head. “I want you to tell my family and friends that I love them.” He said. “What? What are you talking about?” I frowned.
“Goodbye Alesa. Ever since I saw you, I have loved you.” He looked at me with love in his eyes. “I still do.”
“Adam…” I trailed off. “I love you too.” I smiled at him, it was true. He was the reason why I had happiness.
“Goodbye, Alesa…” He turned away from me and walked towards the edge of the cliff. “ADAM! NO!” I screamed and lunged for him, tears streaming down my cheeks as I realised what he was about to do.
But it was too late. He had already jumped.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!