Tornado Crisis

Ryan comp story



The ancient, decaying trees were like fingers of the earth writhing under the power of the aggressive tornado. It was Mother Nature's final death wail, in anticipation of what was to come. The bright yellow school bus was as small as the sun in a infinite galaxy. It was easily lost among the constellations of rotating debris swirling around the tornado.
The panicking bus driver was hunched over the wheel, fearful for the children's lives. A statue smashed through the vehicle, taking off the roof and sending shattered glass all over the students. One boy received a face full of glass. He madly clawed at his eyes. He staggered blindly backwards to the rear of the bus; through the remnants of the back door; most of which had been torn off by the tornado; and fell onto the paved road.
*
The man responsible for the tornado, Dr. Drew, was on his hands and knees, begging for mercy from Matthew Lawley, the sole surviving government agent sent to capture Drew.
For Lawley, a burly soldier of six foot four, it was no problem to hurl Drew into the wall and break his spine instantly. The doctors let out a bloodcurdling scream.
"Help! They're coming! Quickly!" squawked a hostage of nineteen with cropped, dyed hair and several piercings and tattoos.
"Who?" inquired Matthew, as he began to unlock the chains.
"Us!" replied the man in a raspy voice. His eyes turned from a dull brown to a soulless black.
Lawley was thrown across the dark underground cavern and was lucky to not impale on the large spike of a rock that jutted out from the cliff face a meter to where his head actually landed. The energy source behind the hostages began to consume them and all seven of them broke free.
The energy-people began to rip themselves free of the chains. Only two of them leapt from the wall before a volt of energy surged from the generator and killed the citizens tied to the wall and consumed the power of the energy volts within.
The tattooed man lunged towards Lawley, who had leapt to his feet and rolled towards his modified vacuum gun on the floor. He aimed, fired and the gun absorbed the electric energy from the man. He fell to the ground, unconscious.
The second energy-person spear-dived at Drew. "No, you're not supposed to kill me--" It tore open his stomach and devoured his entrails like a wolf lunching on a rabbit.
CRASH! The school bus crashed through the roof of the cavern, squashed the energy-person and Drew into a gooey milkshake, bounced and smashed into the metal generator filled with electricity.
The smell of burnt bodies hung in the air. One little girl, her face burnt off, a layer of skin flapping about like a pancake, attempted to scream, but instead her throat erupted with blood and the contents of her stomach.
Matthew Lawley surveyed the battlefield. It was over, and he'd won.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!