Rain

RAIN

Have you ever wondered about the colours splashed on the pavement dying amongst the road? I could tell you that they are very wet people trying to save our world. But then of course you wouldn’t believe me. So I am here to convince you it is real. There are two sides, Rain and Thunder. Rain and everybody else in her team’s enemy is Thunder. He bolts along the sky like a jet.
They all start off as a little seedling in a cloud, waiting to hatch into something immense. They could become a loyal member of Rain or be enslaved by Thunder.
We will follow the life of two young seedlings, Violet and Elsa. They spiral through the wind thinking of whom they will want to join. Their thought process is rather different. Violet doesn’t care what other people think, where Elsa is wired to always trying to be perfect. Violet turned left for Rain. Elsa went right for Thunder.

There she was, the leader of the tribe herself, Rain. This part confused Violet a lot. She always thought the rain people were just a collection of water but apparently not everyone just looked like commoners. Rain was wearing a long blue dress and had her hair out. Violet looked in the mirror. She was wearing a yellow dress and had her hair out as well. She stared at her image for a long time. She had brown eyes and curly brown hair. After a while she returned to the large room made of ice. Just in time to hear Rain’s speech.

He is the darkest of all. She saw him standing there. The shock came to Elsa’s face except it was unrecognisable underneath the black cloak she found herself wearing.
The speeches were the same for both Thunder and Rain. I guess Mother Nature gave it to them. “For those of you who are new I will explain. All of this madness would be quite daunting for you. I don’t blame you. Every month we get new seedlings just like you. In two hours time you will choose your weapons.” Rain’s weapons were an ice slingshot, ice gun and an ice bow and arrow. Thunder’s weapons were the same except made with fire. The speeches continued. “You will pass through this machine and transform into a more appropriate weather suit. Your job is to avoid getting put into the graveyard puddle!”
The two hours passed. They chose their weapons. Violet: ice gun. Elsa: fire bow and arrow. They walked through the black metal machine. Violet turned into a drop of rain and Elsa turned into fork lightning.
On the count of three they will leave the machine. “One, Two, Three!” They jump out through the sky firing and shooting. The war went on for three days.
The winner this time was Rain. Now you know the full story. These fights continually happen throughout our world. If Thunder wins one day our world could be gone.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!