Captain Lightning's Shack

CREEK! CREEK! BANG! One minute it was there and the next it was gone. Now you’re probably wondering what I’m talking about well it goes like this…
Captain Lightning lives in a rusty rooved, old, creaky and definitely creepy shack right out in the middle of nowhere where the dry wind blows dry red dirt down your shirt. Sir Lightning owns a huge, old, brown, rusty ute which he has owned for 26 years.
The rather short man went on his five hour trip to the markets (which he did every week). Today when he bounced like a kangaroo into his ute, he felt something different, something unusual. But whatever it was it sure made his small heart beat like a bongo. Edward (Captain Lightning) went to the markets and got a week’s load of food like dairy, meat, fruit and vegetables. He realized that the unusual feeling that made his small heart beat was a colossal storm.
A storm with lightning as bright as the sun, thunder as noisy as a giant chucking a tantrum and stomping his giant feet at the same time, and of course rain. Edward rushed like a bullet to get to his little shack. The man hopped out of his ute. One minute later, it was raining extremely hard. The droplets felt like hail. Captain Lightning screeched like a parrot, ’OUCH!!’ and ran as fast as his short, little, fat legs would carry him.
He ran into his shack and BOOM! Edward Lightning or his shack were never seen again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!