Can't Get A Job

Once upon a time, there was a guy called Steve. He wore a blue shirt and green pants. He lived in a small town outside the city of Willy Wonkaton in the Artic Circle. Steve was 42 years old and had no job.
One day he thought it was time to get a job, so he packed up his things and left for the airport.
When he walked into the airport, people kept saying "Aren't you cold with just a shirt and pants on?" or "Are you crazy! You must be freezing!" He just kept walking and he got on the first plan to America.
When he got there, he tried out for a mailman, and got the job. Later that day he got a parcel for James Malark. He walked into his office and saw him going to his car (mind you, Steve was on the third floor of the building). Steve did some quick thinking and decided it was the only option, so he smashed the glass and dropped the parcel. At that moment, his boss came in and said "What are you doing!?", "Giving James his mail, why?" said Steve. "There were weights in that parcel and they have landed on someone. You're fired!" said the boss.
When he got back to his apartment, he turned on the TV and put on the news. On the news there was the accident from earlier (with the weights).
There were ads on the TV and they were advertising jobs in the garbage dump. So that's where he went next.
When he signed up, the boss said "Are you sure you want to work here?
Because the others quit because of the smell". "Don't worry, I'm prepared" said Steve, putting a peg on his nose. "Ok then, see you on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday" said the boss and everyone lived happily ever after.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!