Kamalini's Adventure

There was a young lady called Kamalini who liked to help the poor around the world. One day, Kamalini wanted to help the people with bats’ disease in Africa by finding the secret medicine that grew on special trees on an island that nobody had discovered yet. She booked a plane and soon was in the air heading towards Africa but a very strong wind blew in and knocked it off course into a lightning storm. The plane was struck and crashed on a very small island. Kamalini was the only survivor but she was injured so she limped out of the plane and lay down. She was scared and tired and all she wanted to do was to rest…

The next day Kamalini went looking for food. She had managed to get her bags out of the plane and dragged them along the rocky ground. Before long, she found a small forest with a lake swerving through the middle of it. She put down her bags and picked the fruits from the trees of the forest. She ate a few and put the rest in one of her bags. Then she filled her bottle up with clear water. She gulped down half of the bottle in one go. Finally she unpacked her bags and lay down to rest for the day. She missed her warm and cosy home…

The day after that she decided to go for a walk around the forest. So she wouldn’t get lost, she put a flag on a tree branch near her things and went for her walk with one of her bags just in case she found something interesting she would put in her bag.

Soon, Kamalini came across a dark cave. She entered it because a strange noise was coming out of the cave and she thought it was one of the survivors. As she entered, two hungry bats swooped at Kamalini. Kamalini ducked and they bumped into each other when suddenly, she noticed a map. She took the map and realized that it was the map that would lead her to the Secret Medicine…

After a few hours of following the map, she saw the secret trees with the medicine. Her boss would be so proud if she ever made it back alive. Kamalini ripped all the medicine off the trees and stuffed them all in her bag and rushed back to where she was camping. When she arrived, she was so surprised and amazed at the same time. There was a rescue helicopter hovering above Kamalini’s things. The pilot of the helicopter saw Kamalini and landed. The first person who got out of the helicopter Kamalini recognized was her boss. “Hey Boss look what I found, the secret medicine” said Kamalini as she pulled the medicine out of her bag. “No way”! shouted the rescue team as they boarded the helicopter. When they arrived in Africa with the medicine, Kamalini became famous and the bats’ sickness no longer existed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!