Painless World

I fly high above the ground not knowing what people are doing on the surface, feeling free and light. This makes me happy knowing that if anything does go wrong on the surface I will have this world, my free world to return to, and no one can change this, or at least that's what I thought. But people always try and change everything.
I land on the ground and walk my way slowly to the door, to the real world, but I stop and look at what I have created, so peaceful, serene and safe. Just what I wanted, I sigh a sense of relief, such a beautiful realisation.

As my mind slips into the world of consciousness, I see my mother, asleep with her hand gently rested against my leg. I move just a little trying not to arouse her, but to no avail. Briefly we stare at each other in disbelief when my mother begins to cry, I was holding back the tears.
"Oh, darling I thought I really lost you this time" my mother blubbered as she threw her arms around me, her tears running down her soft flushed cheeks and dripping onto my shoulder.
"You will never lose me mother" I softly reassured her as my tears begun to stream, down my face. I'd attempted before and I know in my heart that it probably wouldn't be last but I just wanted my mother happy.

During my hospital stay mother had visited me at least twice a day or so the night nurse told me. I wish I could say I knew she was with me, in my world high above the surface. Perhaps the elephant reading my favourite book to me was really my mother reading to me. I think to myself, then who was the giraffe wearing a large round monocle? A spine tingling shiver convulses through my body, I feel cold and all alone, and suddenly realise I miss my elephant.

After two weeks, I'm released from the hospital.
Arriving home, my father walks me to my bedroom carrying my bag. He places the bag in the wardrobe, turns and looks at me. "I love you so much" he quickly says and kisses me on the forehead before leaving me alone.

As I slept that night, all I could think of was what my little world is up to, if it had been making plans. Or if it just sits there still. Till I gaze upon it's surface. I wonder if I were to close my eyes, could I see this world and could it see me. All I want to is go back to the world not to be here in pain.

My world comes into my dreams as if I was blinking in and out of it, like a night club with the disco lights. It becomes more and more stable through out the night. Till I don't just see it. I'm in it, I'm on it's surface. I can smell the air, feel the sun on my face and I knew that I was never going to leave again. My scars on my wrist have gone now and I have a new life, a batter one.

I have many theory's of what to me that night. The night I come to my world for good but the one, that hits me is that I probably rip my stitches out, without noticing it, subconsciously. My mind is obversely the one who is protecting me, in the long run, not my family who always loved me and I have always loved but if they wanted me happy, they good of let me die. But they thought it was the best thing and I love them for that but I was in so much pain. I could not bear it anymore, and my mind know that and it help me.

I don't feel alone in my world anymore, I have my elephant and my giraffe which take good care for me. I'm with all the things I love and i feel free, like my pain will never hurt again.

Thank you,
For the life I lived and for the life I'm going to leave with out my pain, and remember just cause I'm not with you, you'll always have the memory of me and the life we lived. I will let you in on a little secret I'm always with you even feel like my not, and I will always love you, but I'm happy now in my world, my painless world, I feel nothing here and I'm great fill.
Yours sincerely Jake Reynolds.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!