Zombie Apocalyse

Windows were smashed and houses were buried under masses and masses of boulders. Barricades had been set up to stop “them” breaking in. The smell of rotting flesh wafted through the fog and not a single sound could be heard except that of the dying engine.
The tall, broad, muscular man sitting next me was rubbing his arm. He had rows of dried blood up and down his arm from beating off the Zombies for the past few days. “So Carlos, can you remember how you arrived in the hospital?” Jeff asked with great interest.
I was thinking back to the day before I woke up. I was walking back from the comic book shop where I had just bought the latest series of Batman, ‘The Brave and The Bald’. When I was strolling across the road, “Bang!”, I felt a sudden pain in my right hip and then it all went black. “ I can’t remember anything from there on.
“You seem like a comic book kind of guy”, Jeff said, while looking down at my gut.
I admit I am a bit on the chubby side.
“I’ll try and lose it, since I don’t think we will be eating much in the next few days” I mumbled back.
Crack! The window next to me shattered into a thousand pieces of glass. “Duck”! Screamed Jeff. As I did so a Bang went off next to me. It all happened so fast that I was breathless. I sat there with blood splattered all over my shirt and felt something icy running down my leg so I looked down.
A faded green and red, bloody head lay on my covered lap. I went to scream but nothing came out so I picked it up with great disgust and flicked it out the window. I sat there for a moment taking in everything that had just happened.
What if Jeff weren’t there? I could have died but I tried to think on the positive side. I’m still alive and that’s all that matters.
(Later)
Hundreds of zombies chased after us. “See the smashed building, get to that Carlos”, Jeff roared. He was already picking up two metal poles that lay about ten meters in front of us. He smashed them together wildly and shouted “Get to the top of that, I’ll draw them in my direction”. I looked to my right and saw an old broken building about fifty meters in front of me. I knew that zombies where slow runners and so was I, but I didn’t know anything about they’re climbing ability. I started to climb the mountain that towered above me. I was now just meters away from the top. I took a quick glimpse around and I could see Jeff, far away, running straight towards a dead end with hundreds of Zombies chasing him. Quite a few Zombies were after me as well. Then a Zombie’s hand grabbed me and everything went black…
The sun, like a golden coin, beamed into my room. It was all a dream I thought to myself, but I looked around and gasped.


The Zombie’s hand was lying on the floor…..







FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!