Candy Cove

Somewhere, a long, long time ago, in a place far from the crumbling hills, the deep seas and the crusty deserts, it's even somewhere over the rainbow, a place called Candy Cove existed!
Imagine eating your way through a chocolate ripple cake mansion, cradling new-born jelly babies and the rides are made of strong, stretchy liquorice when you go to a theme park! You were just imagining Candy Cove, the place where I used to live.
It was a fantastic place, you know! Why did I leave? Every villager had to evacuate during a war. A war between candy and fruits and veggies. Fruits and veggies destroyed our village, but we kept what they wanted most.
Candy Cove was stupendous and marvellous. Ok, I'll tell you what they wanted and how we survived...
... We all ran to the other side of Lolly Lake, the lake that separated the world of food from earth. One side of the lake was made of gummy leaves and lemonade, while the other side was made of rocks and water. "GRAB YOUR JELLY BABIES AND RUN!"
We were all running for our jolly jelly lives because the fruits and veggies were invading our town! They wanted to steal our jelly babies to find out what makes us Candies live and then they will steal all of our creaming soda (that's what makes us live.)
We all jumped onto earth. OUR JELLY BABIES WEREN'T well... JELLY! "Oh no, where's my husband and Belle my jelly baby?" wept Sherbet a much loved villager at Candy Cove.
Back in the village Guy, (Sherbet's Husband) went to the jell-incubator where Belle slept. Guy grabbed Belle and ran out of the jell-incubator. Although Guy had saved Belle, he needed to save himself. As soon as he came out, he saw veggies chewing on a ride at the theme park across the road. While he was distracted, a fruit bit his bottom. "OI!" He kicked the fruit away. He did the same to all the other fruits and veggies that messed with him. At last, he too, jumped through the portal.
Out jumped a male villager holding a baby. IT WAS SHERBET'S HUSBAND AND BELLE! HOORAY!
We decided to live on earth from then on in a town called Warragul. We love it here! We will always remember Candy Cove!
Curse fruits and veggies...
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!