Happy To Die?

Margo Fletcher died the day before her 14th birthday. Her death was tragic, a great loss. Margo was a really nice girl but she was excluded by her class mates, by everyone really. As you could imagine, this hurt Margo a lot. Most of the time she felt as if all of her happiness had been flushed down the toilet, as if she could never escape. Or all the positivity had been put on a burn heap with petrol all over it then someone threw a match. Margo lived a life full of utter sadness. Despite Margo’s depression, she was an amazing person. She did well in school, was very pretty, had fantastic manners, and helped anyone she could and everything you could expect from a perfect person. Define perfect though. When people would listen to her, she made them feel amazing and made a difference to their lives. But all of a sudden, they would forget Margo’s kindness and continue to achieve their only skill which was to pretend Margo Fletcher did not exist.
Margo lived at LALBS (LEARNING AND LIVING BOARDING SCHOOL). There she was always lonely. Luckily enough, Margo got a rather large room all to herself. Room 18 which was also the number of her birthday. All alone in her room, Margo learned to enjoy her own company because no one said anything horrible about her then.
The windiest day in August was the 17th. Margo was planning to go to a small town about 10 minutes away. Her bus driver, who she knew well, had asked her to wait by the side of the road where he could see Margo properly as he stopped at the stops. So Margo did what she was asked. Two bright head lights were coming towards her. It sounded like the bus so she stepped onto the side of the road. The bus did not slow down though. It only sped up. Margo waved to get his attention, but still the bus came closer and closer, faster and faster until the driver swerved and hit Margo at 98 kilometres. Margo hit her head on the wind screen cracking not only her head but the glass. Still speeding along as if the driver had not hit Margo, she swayed in front of the what now seemed to be a car not a bus, and hit her head on the gutter which killed her instantly. Just to make it worse the car behind the speeding car that hit Margo ran over both her legs, snapping her knees in half.
Margo was gone, and everyone at the school was devastated and told each other through waterfalls of tears that they wished they knew Margo better. As if they hadn’t had the opportunity. In the end Margo Fletcher had died a horrific death.
When she opens her eyes and finds herself alive,
how could she imagine a new life after the one she finally and thankfully left?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!