Rapunzel, How It Should Have Ended

“Once upon a time, there was a princess named Rapunzel. She was……” “Dang! I have to sharpen the pencil!” I got up from my chair when the door knocked. I opened the door and the person there was the last person I wanted to be there. “Go away! I don’t even want to think about you!” “What! I was going to say sorry!” “SORRY DOESN’T PUT BREAD ON MY TABLE!” I turned to my chair, “Excuse me, now I have to write a book for someone!” I pretty sure I picked up the right pencil, so I don’t know why me and him teleported into the story!
Doctor Who was busted, why on earth he would leave his supersonic screwdriver on the desk, not to mention, he accidently transported me back in time so that the Grimm brothers can tell me to write their story?!!! I look at him, “oh great!” I snapped “We’re stuck here forever!” “Not exactly”, said a voice from behind, it was a big cat in black boots. “What do you mean?” The doctor said, the cat only said “The only way to get out of this world is to retell the story” “But, how do you know all of this?” “I have spent many years with my friends…….” “What friends?” “These friends.” A wolf came over the hill in a tuxedo “AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!” I shouted, “Well excuse me!” He replied “do I make fun of your looks?!!” “Gerald! Anyway, I have spent many years with my friends figuring out a way to get back home to our stories, and finally you are here to complete the puzzle.” “How?” “You are the only one who knows the story! All we have to do is to act out the story and we will get back to where we were!”
The cat (which I think is Puss in Boots), whistled and two other people came over the hill, it was Rapunzel and ….. Oh my! SHAKESPEARE!! “Shakespeare has been working on this play for over two years, even before the Grimm brothers even thought about it!” Said Puss. “I suggest that thou pupils starteth the action of the voice” Said Will, “WHAT!” I said, “He meant start the play” said Puss. We then started to perform a long and pretty tedious play, I played the mother of Rapunzel (which sucked) , Dr Who played the father, Rapunzel was Rapunzel, Puss in boots was the prince and the wolf was the witch (he didn’t like it that much). On the closing line of “Thou Rapunzel we shalleth let thou us together” (remember, this was by William Shakespeare), we came together to take a bow. Once we did that, floating sparkles came around us, and we were instantly back in our world.
Right at the same time that the Grimm brothers came back. “Thank you for writing the book for us they said “What’s this though?” “What thing?” I replied “The strange screw driver on the desk!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!