Earth To Moon

“Crackle!” “ Crackle!” “Houston ready for launch.” Commanded Neil Armstrong.
“ 10..9..8..7..6..5..4..3..2..1..0.. up flew the very first rocket from earth to the moon. The rocket is meant to have super speed fuel, but they forgot to put that container on board so it is going to take longer to get
to the moon.
It had been twenty minutes an Apollo 11 was still in the atmosphere of earth, thanks to not having the extra fuel that would have made it quicker.
“Rumble!” “Rumble!” “ Rumble!” “Boom!” one of the engines had broken when escaping the atmosphere. Neil Armstrong told the other astronaut Buzz Aldrin, to fix it. When Buzz was out there he realised that they were
heading for Jupiter instead of the moon. Buzz told Neil right after he finished.
Neil was surprised to hear that because the Apollo 11 was on auto pilot. So Buzz quickly changed it to manual and Neil piloted the ship. Then Neil changed paths so they were in line with the moon he saw something, something
big, it was an asteroid, Neil had one minute to go around the massive asteroid or he would crash into it. Any slight wrong move would mean a gruesome ending for Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin.
Neil moved left and right just like in his training for an emergency.
Luckily Neil knew what he was doing so he escaped the asteroids path.
“Heading right for the moon again.” Neil told Buzz. So Buzz flipped the switch back to autopilot.
Six days had past and they were nearly at the moon. So Buzz and Neil started to relax and tell jokes and looked out the window. “ We’re going to crash!” exclaimed Buzz.
For the third time Buzz flicked it to manual for Neil to pilot the ship.
Neil had to do some dodging so they didn’t crash into the craters.
“Safe landing Houston.” Neil sighed with relief. Finally they were on the moon. They collected some of the moons surface for research. Now time for them to head back.
It was a bit quicker on the way back because they didn’t run into anything.
At last they were back on earth and really happy.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!