Jayden Getting His Tonsils Removed


Jayden getting his tonsils removed.

When I was five I had a very bad cold, and this made my tonsils grow very large.

My breathing was very heavy, I was snoring in my sleep. Sometimes I even woke myself up to get a breath. Eventually my voice went funny like I was speaking with my mouth full. That made it harder for people to understand me.
That’s it, they had to go.

I had to get them removed, I was booked at the hospital with a nice surgeon named Dr Mackay. I was frightened of the whole surgery and hospital thing l but I had no choice, I had to be brave and brave I was.

It turned out not to be as scary as I thought it would be…
I was wheeled into the room behind the theatre, it had lots of curtains.

A doctor and a nurse talked to my mum and myself then they gave me the drip and the next thing I know I woke up and was told it was all over!!!!!!!!

I had to stay out of any type of school for two weeks which I didn’t mind at all.

I was in a lot of pain from my throat for those two weeks BUT, I got to eat ice cream, it was really refreshing and yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A few days later the scariest thing happened to me, my mouth was bleeding where my tonsils used to be!! I got so frightened that I screamed and yelled for help. I thought I was going to die.

Back at the hospital, then another three days before I was home, sweet home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!