Yoga Friendship

Asha walked with her best friend Lily on the path of 'The Royal Princess Boarding School.' Asha was excited for their next class, YOGA!
"It'll be great fun!" Asha told her BFF.
"I don't know! It could be worse then last week You know, when I tripped over and hurt my knuckles." Asha thought about what had happened. 'That would of been embarrasing.' She thought.
"Okay, I'll tell the teacher and tell them you...um...oh, maybe you have a cold or a fever and your bones are sore?" Lily looked at her unsure. Asha turned around from looking at Lily and sighed.

When Asha reached 'The Princess Yoga Studio,' the class had already started doing the downward dog position. 'Oh no! Late AGAIN!' she though to herself.
"Sorry I'm late, Mrs C." She apolagised. The teacher turned around and beamed.
"Asha!" She cried, "You're here! I thought you might have been sick! But where's Lily?"
"I have no idea." She said truthfully.
"Well we will have to start the Yoga class with out her."

Over the next hour, they breathed deeply and relaxed, but Asha wanted to go to her room.
Eventually, the bell went and Asha was gone after quickly packing up her mat.

Inside the room, Asha was so startled to see Lily crying.
"Is this about a boy?" She asked gently.
"Yes."
"Who is it this time? Not Josh surely!"
"Yes!" Lily wailed, "He came up to me and was going on about his girlfriend! And he sounded mean, selphish and MEAN!" She began sobbing into her pillow.
"Don't let a boy spoil your day." Asha said gently. "We'll always be friends forever. I promise."
"Thanks Ash." Together they embraced in a hug and all was well again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!