Oblivious

Oblivious

Each day I woke up in terror, and copied what I had done many times before by looking out my window praying there was help on the way. I heard a noise, it went off again a BOOM! And smoke past my window while I was staring hopelessly at a field of death watching darkness spread over my hometown of Rockfall. I sat silently in the corner of my room taking in all that was around me, there were ripped curtains and a lot of glass on the ground. I moved and tucked myself into a ball watching the world end before me. I heard delicate whispers and saw all that was left of what had been my only support and love, my older sister Ellie. She stared as if there was no hope left to hold onto, she whispered “Zoe, Zoe” as if I have disappeared, and no longer was with her. I sat beside her and wrapped my arms around her fragile body and started talking to her “It will all be alright Ellie I’m here, its okay.”
I drifted off to sleep, dreading what I would wake up to, would it be rubble, will I still be here, what will happen to Ellie. My mine wondered and I hoped that there was more people out there, hanging on to what was left of mankind, when I heard a big blast! And I looked over to see a massive hole and a lot of smoke and a missing Ellie. I broke down all that I had left was gone, I was officially alone and was not sure what was happening around me. There were multiple screams and it all went silent when I fell. I looked down and had realised what happened, I was the one who screamed, I had been shot and the whole time I had been so oblivious to what was happening there had been a war going on and I hadn’t known.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!