Camping In The Jungle

BOOM!! Everyone in the tent leapt out in shock!! “What was that?” Josh asked.
“I don’t know,” answered Tim, “does anyone have any idea?”
“Let’s go and have a look,” exclaimed Fred loudly.
Dave whispered, “We have to be quiet or whatever it is might hear us!!”
The four friends crept quietly and slowly through the undergrowth until, BOOM!! All four of them stopped in their tracks “That sounded closer this time,” whispered Tim. They pressed on, until they came to a river that they had to cross. Tim suggested, “Let’s go back to camp and talk about what to do.”
When they got back to camp, they lit a fire, had a scrumptious dinner, and headed off to bed, exhausted. The next morning the four friends had breakfast and packed a backpack with necessary supplies.
“We haven’t heard the noise; today “started John, but was interrupted with a loud CRASH! Then some loud human screams. They quickly retraced their tracks from yesterday, crossed the river and stopped just before a large clearing.
Dave suddenly whispered, “Can anyone hear what I hear?”
Fred exclaimed quietly, “Does it sound like someone mumbling?”
Dave answered “Yes!” On looking closer into the clearing, they saw a broken down wooden shack.
“Who is there?” called out a young male voice.
“A group of friends,” piped up Dave, suspiciously, “What is your name? Mine is Dave.”
“My name is Todd,” was the reply. “Can you take me to your campsite so I can get away from my Dad, he is poaching and I don’t want to be a part of it?”
“Yes we can,” replied Tim “where is your Dad, though?”
“I don’t know, but he will be back soon,” Todd told him.
“Let’s head back to camp,” interjected John.
So, they walked back to their campsite and while having dinner Josh asked Todd, “Do have any idea about the loud noises we have been hearing?”
“Yes, most of them have been my Dad hunting animals. However, the one today was a rhino charging into our shack.”
Dave asked, “Where were you and your Dad at the time of the charging?”
“Dad was out, starting his day, hunting, while I was just walking through the clearing to find the ranger.”
“Let’s go to bed now,” interjected a sleepy Fred,” and tomorrow go find the ranger.”
They all agreed and went to bed. The next morning while cooking breakfast, the ranger appeared. Over a hearty breakfast with the ranger, they explained everything. They escorted the ranger to the clearing and found Todd’s Dad sleeping near the fire. They crept up silently and the ranger easily arrested Todd’s Dad.
After a few more days camping with Todd, it was time to leave and they walked the few kilometers to the ranger station. Todd was now going to help the ranger find more poachers. After a few goodbyes, the foursome left to go home and tell of their fantastic adventure of CAMPING IN THE JUNGLE!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!