Candy Catastrophe

...Foscue comee candee grivell. I finish reading the weird message when I feel like I'm in a swirly whirly tunnel. Colours transform around me. What’s happening? Where am I going? I heard someone calling me: ‘Frankie Elle’.
I'll tell you what happened. I was cleaning the attic when I stumbled upon a magical kind of looking box. I unlocked the latch. Inside I found a message in some sort of fantasy language. I started reading it and that was when I felt like I was getting transported.
I wake up in a daze. Then I look around. It looks like I’m in a candy world! Ahhh! I look at myself. I’m a gingerbread girl not an ordinary human! What’s this? It looks like a cage. That’s when I notice a gingerbread bird, that’s stuck in another cage. I find out her name is Tina and she explains to me that we have got trapped by the gingerbread hunters. If we don’t escape they’ll eat us! That’s when I came up with a smart plan to eat through the cages. A moment later we were free!
That’s when I see the same message I was reading when I got transported. I run over to it but just before I grab it a bird made of Mentos puts it high up in a peppermint tree. I’m happy though because straight away Tina flew up to the tree and grabbed the message. Soon we had said our goodbyes so I read the message and got transported home again.
I wake up in my bed. Was it a dream?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!