The Unlikely Friendship

She gasped in fright when she opened the door. Behind the door was a plump, little ghost. It looked very scared and Jane couldn't help feeling sorry for it.
Poor thing, I will ask the ghost why it is frightened, she thought. When she did this, the ghost replied in a high-pitched, squeaky voice, "My family have died. There is no one to look after me."
"I will care for you," Jane replied immediately. "I would love to look after you. I am sure my mother wouldn't mind," Jane said. "You can live in our basement," she added.
So the ghost, looking only a little more happy, reluctantly glided into the basement. Jane went off to tell her mother her news. Her mother plainly stated, "It will be your responsibility."
So for the next few weeks, every day Jane would bring the ghost food and water. The ghost was very hungry so he also asked for second helpings of everything. Soon he was plumper than a large rubbish bin.
In no time, Jan became friends with the ghost. A few weeks later, Jane's mother died of cancer without notice. From then on, it was just Jane and the ghost. When Jane died at the age of seventy five the ghost sadly set off to find another family to befriend.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!