Kid Icarus

A long, long time ago lived a young and spirited angel named Kid Icarus [or as he prefers “Icarus.”] He flies across the land seeking adventure or mischief. He may sound incredible but really he isn't as incredible as he sounds. For the Centurions are the mightiest of them all with their incredible weapons that make them look fierce.
Our story starts on a day of a mighty storm. The wind was strong and the rain was hard. Kid Icarus was out there flying around, dodging lightning and flying fast. For he was assigned with a duty to deliver a package to someone whose name had been forgotten. The amazingly hairy man that gave him the package specifically told him to deliver it in two months, five days and seven hours.
As Icarus flew through the raging storm he had flown past a quiet ghost town. Maybe Kid Icarus was hearing things but he thought he had heard a call for help in town. It’s not really Icarus’ thing to save people but hey, at least he might finally get a rest. He flew down to the ghost town that was infested with large trees. “Hello!” yelled Icarus out loud. After a few heavy hours of searching Kid Icarus stopped at a dark and scary alleyway. Lightning boomed and crackled as Kid Icarus walked into the darkness. “Hello!” Kid Icarus stopped when he heard a crackling noise coming from behind. “Uhhh… Hello… anyone there?” Icarus stood still in fright, shaking from the cold rain originating from the storm. Then something had grabbed Icarus with stone, cold hands.
With a few heavy moans, Kid Icarus opened his eyelids with the power of will to see a muscular man, heavily armoured in defence with clubs of solid steel and pocket knives the size of your hand. They were both surrounded by a large and incredibly moist forest.
“Well, look who decided to wake up.” said the tall man in a very deep voice. “Hope you're happy, ya nearly got yourself killed!” Said the tall man. “Oh yeah almost forgot, my name is Magnus Hawk, you can call me Magnus.”
“Ok Magnus, care to explain to me why I’m tied up!” Exclaimed Icarus.
“Whoa there little man, I saved your life!”
“What do you mean!?” Magnus looked at Kid Icarus with a smug look.
“Care to tell me your name first?”
“Icarus, care to tell me why I’m tied up!?”
“Well… I didn't know if you are a threat or not!” “And I saved you from that giant creature!” Then, came stomping behind them, was a great and dangerous creature running after them. “RUN!!!” yelled Magnus. Icarus sprinted as he had glimpses through the branches of Magnus fighting the creature. After what seemed like forever Icarus finally heard Magnus.
“Watch out!!!” he yelled as the gigantic creature fell. It was a massive sight but he could see Magnus throwing a package at Icarus, half opened. Kid Icarus looked in amazement to see a golden bow glittering in the moonlight. “You’re welcome!” Yelled Magnus with a happy smile.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!