Mia The Nurse Fairy

Mia the Nurse Fairy
By Molly Cradden
CRASH! BANG! I fell out of bed with a thud!!
“Ow! Mum, I’ve fallen out of bed. Ow! I think I’ve broken my leg!”
The pain was so bad; I didn’t think I’d be able to walk for a month. Then suddenly I saw something glittery at my window. “Ohhhhhh a fairy! Yay! Hey fairy, can you help me? Are you a nurse fairy?” I asked politely.
“Why, yes I am. My name is Mia.” she replied kindly.
“I think I’ve broken my leg” I cried in pain.
“Oh yes, I do believe you have” she said helpfully. “It must hurt terribly.”
All of a sudden the pretty little fairy pulled out her bag of magical tools and fairy dust. She carefully wrapped up my leg with her magical bandage and then she sprinkled some pink sparkly fairy dust all over the bandage. With a click of her fingers, she pulled off the bandage and it was magically healed.
Just then I heard my mum’s footsteps coming up the stairs. “Quick Mia, hide in my pillowcase!” I whispered quickly.
Mum stepped into my room and asked “How is your leg, I thought it was broken?”
“Its fine thanks; I must have been just having bad dreams!” I said smiling.
“OK” says Mum as she walks out of the room and down the stairs.
“Mia, you can come out now” I whispered into the pillow case.
Mia flew quickly out of the pillowcase and said “Come with me to Fairy land, I want you to meet my friends Cherry the Fruit Fairy, Sinead the Irish Fairy and Elsa the Ice Fairy. I agreed straight away and she sprinkled some red, green and blue fairy dust on me.
In a flash, I shrunk to the size of a fairy and grew a pair of silky pink wings. Next we were whizzed away in a magical swirl of dust to Fairyland.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!