My Broken Arm


My Broken Arm
By Erin Cradden
Boom! Thud! I fell off the bar with a big crash! I broke my arm.
“Ouch!” I screamed out. Someone ran to get Mum and she brought me to hospital. I couldn’t write for a month. I was in so much pain; it hurt so badly and I couldn’t move it. It was the worst day of my life.
When I got home from the hospital, I wasn’t allowed to sleep on the top bunk. I couldn’t get dressed by myself. I couldn’t get dressed by myself. I couldn’t eat by myself; Mum had to feed me like a baby! I couldn’t write, because it was my writing hand. I couldn’t even read because I couldn’t hold my book properly and I couldn’t flick the page over! So I couldn’t even finish reading Captain Underpants 10th novel.
“Mum! I can’t even read my book!” I yelled angrily.
Mum came in to comfort me, she explained that I couldn’t sleep on the top bunk in case I rolled off and hurt my arm even more. She offered to help me read for a while. Things got easier and I finally started to relax.
A month later I was all better and didn’t need Mum to do anything for me anymore. Now I am back on the top bunk reading Captain Underpants in peace!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!