Captain Decorus

Captain Decorus isn't your ordinary superhero. He is a charming man, with brown eyes and black curly hair. He has a pearl smile, prominent high cheekbones and the perfect curls that hang over his forehead. He wears a white jacket with gold jewels along the front of it, matched with white pants and, to top it off, he wears a black cape. It's not only looks that makes this man loveable. It is his undying love for his planet. If it wasn't for him the land could have still been covered with mountains of garbage and dirt. He brought the people together to make sure their planet wouldn't get destroyed anymore. He made everyone find their inner beauty. Now it's filled with the most colourful flowers and tallest trees.
There is a planet on the other side of the Galaxy that angered Captain Decorus the most. It was owned by the hideous queen, Scorpia, and her revolting servants. It was his mission to help her see her inner beauty in the hope of changing the planet. As he flies through the sky in his silver metallic spaceship he tries his best not to be a threat to the planet. As he gets closer he realises he is being watched. He finally manages to land on a pile of old car wheels. Then he steps out the door, not feeling the ground but plastic cups. As the noise of the cups projected loudly, he turns around to see if anyone is watching him. When he looked back two aliens, covered in pipes, grabbed him.
"How dare you intrude my land," Says the a scary voice. He looked up to see it was the queen. She had wires and rubbish bags tied around her.
"Punish him!! Turn him into garbage!" She yelled to the servants that were standing next to him.
"Please, your majesty," Captain Decorus looked up, "I'm sorry to come unannounced, but I'm here to help you."
"How?"
"I see hidden beauty within you and I want bring it out."
"Me? Beautiful?" She questioned confusingly, "And how will you do that?"
"With a key," Captain Decorus answered.
He holds up a mirror. She looks at her reflection and she starts to realise what she has become. She realised what had happened to her land.
"It's okay," He says, as he grabs her hand and kisses it. A light appears from behind her. The captain kept his eyes fixed on her, as the ugly women turned into a gorgeous lady. Her eyes sparkled, her hair shined. She was wearing a blue and green dress. He was amazed at her beauty. He turned around to see the planet's reaction. All the rubbish started to clear up. There are now parks, houses and roads. People, who were the servants, walked past him. Scorpia thanked the captain as she realised that the earth is a place to look after and that it's what on the inside that counts.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!