Candy Land

Candy Land

Homework,homework homework” Ella grumbled, as she dropped her bag full of homework on the wooden floor boards next to her bed, Ella lay on her bed exhausted, with her dog Boomer, then suddenly she found herself in a place that smelt like cookies, milk and chocolate. “Boomer!” yelled Ella, Boomer was digging through a giant cookie searching for the chocolate inside.

Ella started to look to see if anything in this magical world was alive, Ella started to see little figures running towards her, they looked pretty small so she just stood there and waited. Jelly babies they were cuddling her, she crouched down and looked at the jelly babies, they had little arms and little legs, their mouths were all shaped in giant grins from ear to ear and their eyes were so big that they could see something easily from miles away. Ella was going to ask some questions, but before she could they seemed to all run away and hide. “Boomer” laughed Ella, Boomer was chasing them.

Ella started searching for more living lollies, as Ella was walking she saw Boomer sniffing the ground and following the smell of something, “Go Boomer! Sniff away little pup” Ella cheered, but before Ella could stop Boomer he was already drifting away in a chocolate river, “Try to swim to me” yelled Ella in fright of losing her puppy, she jumped on an over sized piece of chocolate and grabbed a chocolate stick and started paddling towards Boomer. Once Ella had saved Boomer she started getting tired and the smell of warm milk and cookies smelt so good that she fell asleep dreaming about it.
“Aaaah” screamed Ella in terrible fright, she was falling down a giant chocolate waterfall.

Ella was awoken by the sound of Boomer calling for her. She got up as quick as lightening and started running towards the spooked howls of Boomer. Over hills and through chocolate syrup rivers, Ella finally managed to find where the howls were coming from, and she soon knew why Boomer was so terrified,
Ella ran over to Boomer and started to untie the licorice ropes that held Boomer to a big block of chocolate that was hanging over a pit of sour snakes, that looked pretty hungry. She heard voices from behind her telling her to leave the dog alone. she looked behind her and there were two gummy bears with red eyes that were standing next to something that looked like a pretzel dug into the ground. Ella started to freak out because when the gummy bears pulled the lever Boomer started going into the pit. Ella thought of an idea she grabbed a string of licorice and swung around the chocolate block and pulled Boomer out and then as soon as she landed on the ground she was sitting back on her bed, with Boomer licking her face.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!