Jarred's Nightmare

In the shivering, freezing winter, there lived a lonely, terrified boy named Jarred. It was not well known but this completely berserk but lonely boy was an orphan. The deserted, disappointed, shattered boy lived in the most horrible, dangerous, rundown orphanage there was. Jarred woke with the horrible feeling of being lashed up and told to “wake up you scared chicken”. The orphan keeper then said with anger again, “clean those disgusting, rusty plates of yours now!”
Jarred trotted along the narrow hall way and thought “I dam need to get out of this nasty little place!” As fast as a roadrunner, Jarred dodged and jumped through all the poor, little, scared children until...........BUMP!
“What are you dumb boy thinking, are you trying to escape?” shouted the wicked orphan keeper. Jarred replied quickly, “no sir, I was just going to the toilet,” babbled Jarred. At the time that Jarred was in the obnoxious, disgusting toilet, there was a suspicious window. He wondered, what could he possibly do?
“Yes!” roared Jarred, “I must soar through the window and get out.” As Jarred was climbing onto the violet windows, he saw a shimmering golden thing ... it was a French key for the window! As Jarred bounced out the 1m tall window, he saw his wondrous grandparents searching for him. Leaping into their red spotted car, they said “you’re going to the fantastic brilliant land of America and here is an address.” Jared said back in confusion, “what?”
“It’s ok, every tiny bit will be ok.”
After arriving in the wonderful land of America, he found out that the two awesome people waiting for him there were his amazing parents and they were not dead! All of Jarred’s problems were over and he now knew that he would live happily ever after.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!