Jail Cell

In the court of justice, I got pleaded guilty. They said that I killed my wife but I am innocent, I did nothing wrong. Apparently I stabbed her 15 times with a knife because I was cheating on her and I took it out on her, they have got it all wrong! How can they think a nice and kind man like me can do something like that? But now I have to pay the price of being in the wrong place at the wrong time! As I sit in the cold, small, quiet jail cell, I think about if I can make it in here. Through the food, the horror and the people, I have a feeling it won’t be that easy. And to make it even worse having ex criminals talking to me about their feelings, who cares! But all I can hear is my own thoughts bouncing off the walls. Why can’t they see that I am a murderer, is it the expression in my face or the way that I am? Can’t they just say that I can try and prove it my own way, not get a stupid lawyer who can’t even open his briefcase? Maybe if I had a better layer, I would not even be in this mess! I am not a hard core criminal like the other person next to me. He looks like a smuggler. He has the strangest tattoos all up and down his arms (like Dane Swan) and has piercings all over his face, seriously, there is going to be any skin left soon. While I was looking at him, I could hear him breathing so heavily, it is like he is trying to annoy me, like “hey, let’s try and annoy the new guy!” but the best thing is that he stinks so bad, like moldy cheese and off milk had a baby and he was in the cell with me! Like dude, take a shower, it is not that hard. But I feel sorry for the prisoner in the next cell. He just found out that his wife has breast cancer and doesn't have long to live. Poor kid, I guess she is going to her Grandmas. He is taking it too well, he is slamming his head against the jail cell, probably regretting his actions. I guess he does, he killed his boss because he got sacked, not the best revenge idea! But, I don’t deserve this kind of torture, I am not like any of these guys, but I am going to have to live with it for the rest of my life. I guess that it is going to be a long life sentence, wish me luck!
From your pen pal in the jail cell, Jeffrey Dammar xox

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!